Tuesday, July 19, 2011

You will...not...be missed

Yesterday I had my first official day as a paid employee of BuildaBridge. Fun :) Rather obviously, I am staying in Philly. The probationary period is three months, at which point we'll review my work, and I'll review my finances. If all is well enough, the position is a year-long one.

Still more than a little weird to think about.

In the meantime, I'm probably signing a 3-month lease this week at a cheaper house. Dr. Corbitt was kind enough to volunteer to drive me around the area at night, so that I can get a feel for how safe it will be, particularly for coming back after work at the restaurant or back on public transportation after an evening in center city. We will see, but the girls seem nice (three of them). The room is pretty much a very big closet, it's so small, but I think it'll work fine.

As for Atlanta: I came. I saw. I sang.

I'll write a separate blog, or a few separate ones, to tell about those stories. It was good. Great, really. I led opening music with all 56 of the kids aged 4-14 every morning for half an hour. That's a lot of kids. And a lot of singing. I liked it. I learned a lot, and made a few friends along the way. And a lot of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment